Your Cart Is Empty!
It is important to us at The Good Food & Gifts Company Ltd that your personal information is kept safe and secure. This Policy sets out what personal data we collect and how we use it.
What information do we hold about you?
We collect information from when you shop with us, register for an online account, or sign up to our newsletters. We may collect the following information:
- Name, age, gender
- Contact details: postal address, telephone number, email address
- Purchases and orders made
- Online browsing activities
- When you place an order, payment card details
- Any correspondence and communication with The Good Food & Gift Company.
- Other publicly available personal data including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
Our website is not intended for the use of anyone under the age of 18 and therefore we do not knowingly collect data of those under the age of 18.
Some of the above information is collected directly, for example when you set up an account on our website. Other information is collected automatically as you browse, such as Internet Service Provider, browser type and version, operating system and device type, average time spent on our site(s), pages viewed, information accessed, the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet and other relevant statistics. Such information is sometimes referred to as web analytics and/or clickstream data.
How do we use your information?
We use your information to fulfil any orders you make with us, keep you updated on the progress of your orders, manage your account and help with any customer service enquiries.
If you have given your consent, we will send you our marketing communications and keep in touch with our newsletter, using your email address. If you wish to stop these at any time, click unsubscribe or ask us to stop.
In order to conduct our business, we employ the services of other companies, for example: despatching orders, using nominated parcel carriers; processing payments, using nominated payment providers; despatching marketing communications, using a small number of digital communications service providers; and validating and analysing our customer data. If you order products from our website that are highlighted as will be despatched directly from our suppliers, we’ll securely transfer your details on to these suppliers so that they can fulfil your orders. For certain purchases, we may need to verify your identity with a trusted third party for fraud prevention and age verification purposes, in order to protect your interests and fulfil our legal obligations.
We only provide our service providers with the data that they require in order to perform the services that we have employed them to do – they will never use your data for any other purposes. We check that all our service providers comply with appropriate data protection and security controls before passing on your personal information.
We may use your information for market research purposes so that we may better understand your needs and ensure we provide the best possible service.
We collect information using web analytics to improve services we offer you, to improve marketing, analytics, and provide site functionality. This information is collected using cookies, which we then use in analysing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
To deliver products and services to you, it is sometimes necessary for us to share your data outside of the European Economic Area. These transfers are subject to special rules under data protection laws. If this happens, we will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and all personal data will be secure.
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access);
- the right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to be forgotten);
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you (the right of rectification);
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using / holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so (the right to object);
- the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’; which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing); and
- the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation (the right to data portability).
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
How to contact us
If you have any reason for concern, please contact us in the first instance and we will do our utmost to resolve the matter to your complete satisfaction. You can contact us by email at info@GoodFoodAndGifts.co.uk, or call us on +44 (0) 1234 240000.
Alternatively, you can report a concern to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) by calling them on 0303 123 1113 or visiting their website www.ico.org.uk/concerns/.